Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Synergia Ropes Course

Thanks to the fundraising efforts of students, families and community members we were able to participate in group building and experiential learning at Synergia Ropes Course. Check out our photos and what the students had to say!


  “Though we were the ones that chose the groups (partly), we ended up working with people we normally would not work with.” - Kyle




The first one was sort of easy but once we got to the X-wires, it was pretty difficult at first.  Once we found a strategy to get across we all made it. After that there is a rope that you have to walk across to get to the other side. All you have to hold on to is a loose rope and hope you get across. It is actually really fun, and the challenge it great! One thing that made it a little harder is that we met the other team in the middle and had to find a way to cross them. Not falling was tough but once you made it across, it was amazing.” - Student


“The staff helped kids get over their fear of heights. They don't want to push you, but they want you to have fun and that’s what a ropes course should look like and feel like.” - Calob


“High ropes! Ahhhhhh! I was so exited, scared, and nervous, but it was all a brilliant feeling. Every click from a latch of the harness made me more brave. Every time I took a step towards the ladder, it made me more brave. Every step I took on that ladder, I became more brave. The smell of the pine tree built up my spirit. The creaking sound of the log made me concentrate. More and more sweat was dripping off my head. A confusing anger stirred up inside me. Suddenly I heard Debra shout at me " TRUST ME AND JUMP!!!!" Finally, I closed my eyes and fell back.” – Dakota


  
“One of the other ones [high ropes] is called the friendship ladder. It is a big ladder that you have to climb, and the pieces of wood get farther and farther apart.  I was the only one to stand on the very top, which was AWESOME!” - Gianni
“So as we talked about the things we did and the things we saw we realized how brave some of us were and how scary some of the courses were.” - Gaven


The students wrote thank you notes with illustrations to the staff at Synergia. Feel free to learn more about them here: http://synergia.us/programs/challenge-ropes-course/

No comments:

Post a Comment